Fully aware of the need to provide secondary education to its children, the leaders of Cauayan as an initial step rented the “Redline Camarin in Barangay Turayong to house the first classroom in 1945 with the Calinag’s residence as the office of the Principal. After a year, two loving and generous citizens by the name of Mr. Pablo Rivera and Mr. Juan Dacanay donated a total of 78, 274 square meters of their adjacent lots in barangay San Fermin to give the school a permanent area in the community.
After two years, the first high school buildings were built through the joint effort of the town’s people and the municipal officials headed by the late Mr. Jose Africano, Municipal Mayor who inaugurated the Administrative Building on July 9, 1943.
For the next fifteen (15) years, the Cauayan High School remained a community school until it was converted into Agricultural National School by virtue of R.A. 3223 authorized by the late Cong. Delfin Albano, which was approved on July 19, 1963 changing its name to Cauayan Rural School with an initial appropriation of P75,000.00.
In 1975, the Cauayan Rural School opened its post-secondary department offering Agricultural Technician and Home Arts Technician courses. Additional Post-Secondary courses were offered in 1990. The school was given the permission to offer Teacher Education during SY 1994-1995 while waiting for the approval of the House Bill authored by Hon. Cong. Santiago P. Respicio. The Bill was finally passed by the Congress and signed into Law as R.A. No. 7912 by His Excellency President Fidel V. Ramos on February 23, 1995 converting the school to Cauayan Polytechnic College.
Webmaster ALEX L. SORIANO